Why digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the best way to get directly in front of the consumers that are actually looking for you or your products and services. Did you know....
- 51% of Americans prefer to shop online
- 96% of Americans with internet access have made an online purchase in their life, 80% in the past month alone
- Ecommerce is growing 23% year-over-year, yet 46% of American small businesses do not have a website
- Online orders increase 8.9% in Q3 2016, but average order value (AOV) increased only 0.2% — indicating that transactional growth is outpacing total revenue
- 67% of Millennials and 56% of Gen Xers prefer to shop on online rather than in-store.
- 59% of Baby Boomers have shopped on marketplaces, 74% at large retailer sites, 42% on web stores or independent boutiques, and 39% at category-specific online stores.
- Parents spend more of their budget online in comparison to non-parents (40% vs. 34%) and spend 75% more time online shopping each week (7 hours vs. 4 hours for non-parents).
- 58% of Americans in rural areas have shopped on marketplaces, 71% at large retailer sites, 39% on web stores or independent boutiques, and 40% at category-specific online stores.
- 80% of Americans shop online at least monthly.
- The top three factors that are very or extremely influential in determining where Americans shop are price (87%), shipping cost and speed (80%) and discount offers (71%).
- 23% of shoppers are influenced by social media recommendations/reviews.
- More likely to research brands before making a purchase (61% v. 48%).